Canterbury Christ Church University

Information for care leavers progressing to Canterbury Christ Church University:

Who can help you from Canterbury Christ Church University ?

Canterbury Christ Church University has Designated Members of Staff for Care Leavers.For pre-arrival support please contact the Outreach Team at:

For support when you arrive, please contact the Student Support and Wellbeing Advisers at:

Designated Member of Staff pre-arrival: Charlotte Welsby,

Designated Member of Staff while on programme: Rhonda MacPhee, 

Who will help me when I am a student? Student Support & Wellbeing Advisers can provide you with information about the support services available to you whilst you’re at University, including; financial, welfare, academic, and accommodation matters. Within the Student Support, Health and Wellbeing Department we also have a team of Counsellors, Mental Health Practitioners and Disability Advisers. Further support is available through our Chaplaincy, Academic Learning and Development team, Peer Mentoring and Student Mediation Clinic. Canterbury Christ Church Students’ Union also run events and societies related to health and Wellbeing.
Applications and Interviews Most Canterbury Christ Church University undergraduate courses require you to apply online via the UCAS website. For most of our part-time courses you should apply directly to the university. For more information, please email If the course you have applied to does requires an interview, the university will contact you with the necessary information. If you would like support with your UCAS application, help writing your personal statement, or would like to arrange a bespoke tour of the campus, then please contact us at
Induction & Enrolment Over the summer you will be sent arrival instructions and details of what will happen at the start of term. Your arrival instructions will give you all the essential information about starting university, including how and where you will need to register. There will be plenty of information, help and support available when you join us for your registration event, details of which will be given in your Arrival Instructions.  Staff will be on hand to welcome you and answer your questions.  In the meantime, if there is anything you are not sure about, why not use our online information service:  ask the i-zone,
Care Leaver Bursary Canterbury Christ Church University offers a £3,600 cash award over the duration of study (£1,200 per academic year). Once you have declared you are a care leaver to the University you will receive the bursary application form, via the Student Support and Wellbeing Advisers, and you will need to provide us with a letter from your local authority confirming your status as a care leaver.
PEPs Should you want a member of staff involved with your PEP or Pathway Plan, please let us know and this can be arranged.
English and Maths For a small number of programmes there is either a national or a University requirement to achieve grade C (4) passes in specific GCSEs or the equivalent. This often includes English, Maths and/or Science. You should check the course entry requirements via our website or prospectus when applying for your chosen course.
Progress Progression to the next year of study is through passing assignments and examinations. The Academic Learning and Development team offer academic support and you will be allocated a personal tutor with whom you can discuss any academic concerns that you might have.
« Back to Partners
Contact Details

Jayme Stevens
Manager of The Outreach Team
Charlotte Welsby
School and College Engagement Officer

Partner Links

Visit Website »